Home Reno Module 2
Home Renovation for Womxn (all genders welcome!) Module 2 of 2
Activate your Renovation Plan (Module 2 of 2)
If women are purchasing homes at twice the rate of men, why are we so hesitant to take on home improvement?
Created in response to a rising demographic of single women homeowners, this workshop is for all individuals who want to gain a better understanding of home improvement and construction management, with a focus on making residential renovation and rehab more approachable for women. Participants will learn about the building process from start to finish, while developing a plan for navigating wants versus needs.
About the Hosts
As two women who figured out how to live affordably and creatively in one of the nation’s most expensive cities, the workshop creators have renovated multiple properties, built a tiny house community, and created rental units and shared living spaces in their homes. From these endeavors, Erin Helland of HardHat Diplomat and Lee Pera of Kotierra have grown businesses and now share their knowledge with others through their collaborative workshop series.
- Pros and cons of DIY vs hiring professionals
- Find and select contractors
- Legal considerations – contracts, permits, licenses and insurance
- Procure supplies and materials
- Project management, contingency planning and budgeting
- This is the second module of a two part session. Please consider also registering for “Home Renovation for Womxn: Plan & Prepare” that will address budgeting, ROI, and setting the project scope.
- To register, click the button on the banner below. After payment, you must complete the registration form to receive your unique login credentials.
- Keep in Touch:
Instagram: @HardHat Diplomat & @Kotierra
Facebook: @HardHat Diplomat & @Kotierra