Tiny Houses 101 (Winter Session To Be Announced!)
Tiny House Workshop
Saturday, 22 August 2020, 1:00 PM
Out of stock
About The Webinar
Join national tiny house experts, Lee Pera, co-founder of the nation’s first tiny house community, and Jewel Pearson (Ms Gypsy Soul), co-founder of Tiny House Trailblazers to learn about the major decisions that go into tiny house building, placement, and lifestyle.
Both Jewel and Lee built and managed the builds of their own tiny houses, and have taught hundreds of people across the country about tiny houses through their workshops and presentations. Their tiny house journeys have been featured in numerous media outlets, including NPR, the Washington Post, Dwell, Apartment Therapy, The Guardian, and Al Jazeera. To learn more about their tiny house stories, see their websites: msgypsysoul.com/ & www.kotierra.org/about
- Tiny House Types: Overview of tiny houses and how to choose what type meets your needs
- Zoning and Building Codes: Where you can place tiny houses and codes to follow for building them
- Set realistic renovation expectations
- DIY or Buy?Pros and cons of building yourself, hiring a builder, and managing the process, or buying a tiny house built by a tiny house company.
- Tiny House Living: Overview of systems for tiny houses and lifestyle considerations
- Related Webinars:
TINY HOUSE PLACEMENT: If you’re wondering how to find a place to park your tiny house, considerations for tiny house placement, or want to work with your city to allow tiny houses, check out the Tiny House Placement workshop.PROJECT MANAGEMENT: If you’ll be building or managing your own tiny house build, you’ll want to take the Home Renovation Workshop, Part 1 & Part 2 to learn how to find and vet contractors, source materials, and manage a construction project from start to finish.